HOW TO GET RID OF INTERVIEW PHOBIA?
Interview can be defined as “A selection process designed to predict future job performance on the basis of applicant’s oral responses to oral inquiries.
Effectiveness of selection interview:
An interviewer tries to answer three bottom lines Questions.i.e,
Can he do the job? (Competence)
Will he do the job? (Motivation)
Will he fit in team/organization? (Match)
In every interview Interviewer has certain requirements & candidates have certain expectations as discussed below so try to make you best as per the company’s requirement. List the things you would like to have seen when you last went for an interview. Make clear within yourself that what you expect from the company.
The structure of any interview is as listed below:
- Opening, Rapport Building
- Current & Previous roles
- Aspirations & Awareness
- Education & Upbringing
- Circumstances & Interests
- Closing, Wrap up
The structures of questions that are being asked are as follows:
- Open Ended Questions
Open-ended questions are the questions which start with “How, What, When, Where, Who, Why”.
- Close Ended Questions
Close-ended questions are the questions starting like “Do you, did you, Can you, Will you, Could you, would you, Should you”.
- Prompting/ Encouraging Expressions
Prompting or Encouraging expressions are the questions starting like “Tell me……, Describe ………, For example? For instance? , In what sense? How come? In simpler terms…….
Different Questions are covered like:
- What Q’s –Elicit information about knowledge, facts/Data, Opinions
- Why Q’s-Analytical skills, Reasoning, Logic etc., motivations (what else…, how else…, where else...)
- How Q’s-Knowledge of functional skills, process/steps,(Also analytical skills)
- How much/ How well Q’s-Validating achievements.
The 12 most important competencies that any Employer is looking for are as follows:
ii. Achievement Orientation
iii. Customer Focus
iv. Team Work
vi. Planning & Organizing
vii. Commercial awareness
ix. Developing others
x. Problem Solving
xi. Analytical Thinking
xii. Building Relationships
Critical Attributes For Managers
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Results Orientation
- Customer Concern
- Technical Expertise
- Providing Direction
- Conceptual Thinking
- Team Building
- Decision Making
Most Important Things To look For In A Resume
- Work or Internship Experience
- Specific Major or Degree
- Summary of Qualifications
- Clear Objective
- Extra-Curricular Involvement
What makes a candidate stand out most in an interview?
- Personality that seems to feet in position and team.
- Answers that include thoughtful examples.
- Sincere, passionate interest in the position.
- Poised & professional attitude
- Providing evidence/an example of intelligence or ability to learn.
- Knowledge of Company/ Organization
- Thoughtful Questions to the interviewer
- Professional Dress
- Direct & Appropriate eye contact.
Interviewer Favorite Questions
- Tell me something about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself in five words or phrases?
- Why should I hire you instead of one of the other applicants for this position?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- Have you ever visited our website?
- What do you know about our Company/Organization?
- Why are you interested in this particular position in our company?
- What strengths do you bring to this position?
- What qualities will you bring to our company that will help us improve?
- If you were the employer and could only make one job offer, which one of your classmates would you hire and why?
- Give me an example of a time when you failed. What did you learn from it, and how did you apply that knowledge in a future situation?
- Give me a situation where in order to solve a problem you had to find a unique solution.
- According to you what are the key elements in order to be successful in life?
- What has been your greatest accomplishment in life?
- Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it.
- What do you look in a leader? What do you look for while selecting a team?
- What are your interests/hobbies off work? Do you enjoy more as an individual or a group?
What do your colleagues see you as?
- If you could change something in past, what would you like to change? How and why?
- What remuneration are you expecting from this position in our company?
- Is there any other relevant information that you might like to convey/discuss that may be important to you?
- When would you like to start working?
Do you want to ask anything from us?